By increasing the refugees' knowledge of Norway, this project will contribute to the overall empowerment of refugees to cope with their immediate needs on arrival, enhance their ability to become self-sufficient sooner and facilitate their integration into Norwegian society.
Through the CO programme, refugees can:
- Develop a realistic picture of Norway and understand its culture and values
- Develop an understanding of the receiving municipalities' expectations of them
- Develop problem solving skills
- Feel in control of their life and reduce their anxiety
- Learn about common problems that they may encounter in the resettlement process, understand that these are normal, and thus help reduce negative impact